12.06.2012

Matt’s Top 5 Musicians

In my life, there have been many influential artists to come and go. But, there are a few that have stood the test of time, and have been deemed my top 5 favorite musicians!  Here is the countdown!

#5  Pomplamoose-

Pomplamoose is a band from California comprised of two fantastic individuals known as Jack Conte and Nataly Dawn.  They are by far two of the most creative and interesting people I’ve ever seen.  Although I’ve not met them yet, I do hope to work with them in the future.  Who knows?  Maybe we’ll interview them soon! ;D  Anyways, when you get the chance you should watch all of their Youtube videos because they are not only entertaining, but inspirational if you think of yourself as a multi-instrumentalist.

#4  Phil Keaggy-

Phil Keaggy is a long time inspiration in my life, as well as my father’s.  If you’ve read the About section of our page, you know that my Dad’s musical history has had a huge impact on my life.  When I was younger, Phil Keaggy was one of the only musicians my Dad listened to, and I would venture to say that Phil is my Dad’s biggest musical influence.

#3  Sky Eats Airplane-

I used to listen to a lot of “metal” and “hardcore” music in my high school days.  But, nothing was as influencial in my musical technicality as SEA.  Particularly once Travis Orbin became their drummer.  Sadly, it wasn’t long after Orbin joined the group, that a falling out between certain members led to the band breaking up. Anywho…I once had the pleasure of taking a drum lesson from Travis at the Grog Shop in Cleveland Heights. As intimidating as it was, he was one of the coolest, not to mention modest guys I’ve ever met.  We hung out back stage with the rest of the band, as well as the majority of the band Drop Dead Gorgeous.  It was fantastic!

#2  Relient K-

What can I say about Relient K?  Way too much, I think.  I’ll probably have to do an entire entry devoted to this band.  I guess I should start by saying that “Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek” was all but glued in my portable CD player in Jr. High.  I feel like I grew up with that band.  Their music helped me out in many of the hard times I faced as a kid. As their style developed, my taste in music expanded.  I remember when I was in my freshman biology class, I got in trouble for listening to “Mmhmm” while the teacher was talking.  That was when I started to notice a little more edge to their music, which I liked.  But, no matter what I was into,  you could be sure that Relient K was always in the rotation. :D 

 

#1  Jim Deulley

 IMG_2557

Just look at how awesome my Dad is! That ‘stache! Those sideburns! The crushed velvet sweater! He was the epitome of awesomeness!

My Dad is my hero. He has inspired me to do so many things, including play music. And, in a way, I owe him credit for everything I’ve ever accomplished. He’s supported me and pushed me when necessary. He has always believed in me, and to this day continues to support my artistic endeavors.

His album, “Don’t Lose Heart”, is the single most influential record in my life. It’s what got me into music in the first place.  So, if you like anything I do on here, you may as well just thank Jim Deulley! :P  I love you Dad!

~Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!